Frankfurt am Main, June 11th 2020
The first residents are moving into Germany’s tallest residential high rise.
Construction of the Grand Tower in Frankfurt am Main began in February 2016. The building has been erected at the entrance to the European quarter in the triangle between the convention centre, bank district and the West End. Now the 172-metre-tall building, the tallest residential high rise in Germany, is complete.
Jürgen Blankenberg, CEO of the developers gsp Städtebau, says, “We are of course very happy that we were able to adhere to our schedule for this complex and enormous building project. This was difficult as the number of construction workers on site was significantly lower over the past months due to the corona pandemic.” In addition, Blankenberg states that they faced difficulties with deliveries and services coming from abroad.
A particular challenge was posed by the 20,000-square-metre façade. Blankenberg: “The façade is both optically impressive and structurally complex,” according to Blankenberg. “The bannisters made of glass and the large floor-to-ceiling windows coupled with the curved façade create an identity-forming overall picture.” Almost all apartments have their own balcony, which is designed to be very inviting while offering maximum privacy and protection.
The Grand Tower attracted a lot of attention in the real estate industry as it was the first building in Germany to be marketed internationally. In the end, buyers come from 30 different countries as well as Frankfurt and the surrounding area. As lead agent, JLL was responsible for sales and Mattheußer Immobilien acted as the local partner.
The design of the Grand Tower is geared towards international standards. A lobby which stretches over two floors attests to this fact as does the approx. 150-square-metre Sunset Deck (situated 141 metres above ground on the 43rd floor) and the Grand Terrace on the 7th floor, which stretches across some 1000 square metres. The multi-lingual concierge service rounds off the offering.
The large selection of apartment types was also adapted to suit both the national and international clientèle. The apartments entice with exciting and wide-ranging perspectives on the City of Frankfurt. The award-winning Grand Tower houses cosy, distinguished apartments, as well as spacious multi-room apartments and exclusive penthouses. In total, the building has around 32,600 square metres of living space. The adjoining car park has 427 parking spots.
The handover of the 413 owner-occupied apartments has begun and as of June 2020 the first residents are already moving in.
Grand Tower profileBasic information
- 172 metres high, 179.9 metres with functional-technical equipment
- 47 floors (ground floor + 47 floors + 3 technical levels = 51 floors)
- International standard, concierge service
- 150-square-metre Sunset Deck on the 43rd floor, 141 metres above ground
- Grand Terrace on the 7th floor with an area of approx. 1,000 square metres
- Observation deck at 172 metres.
- 32,600 square metres of total living space
- 413 apartments: apartments (45 sqm), two-room (58 sqm), three-room (82 – 95 sqm), four-room (107 – 122 sqm), penthouse (184 – 300 sqm)
- 427 parking spots (above- and underground, 9 aboveground and 3 underground levels)
- Start of construction: Beginning of 2016
- Start of sales: Q2 2016
- Moving in date: starting June 2020
- Façade: Glass / aluminium
- Architect: Magnus Kaminiarz, Frankfurt
- Interior architecture: Studio architects, Claudia Blum, Düsseldorf
- Leading agent: JLL
- Local partner: Mattheußer Immobilien
- European Property Award 2017
- Best Residential High-rise Architecture Germany
- Best Residential High-rise Development Germany
- Best Development Marketing Germany
- International Property Award 2017
- Best Residential High-rise Development Europe
- Best Residential High-rise Architecture Europe
- German Design Award Winner 2018
- Address: Europa-Allee 2, 60327 Frankfurt am Main
- Location on online map
press contact: Wilhelm Brandt | Agentur Markenguthaben | | Tel: 069 15 629 624